Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Winter Mini-Break

This past weekend my boyfriend Wendel and I took a road trip up to the Kern River, located in the Sequoia National Park.  We were lucky enough to stay at our friend's beautiful cabin that overlooked the river and the weather couldn't have been better.  The nights were a chilly 30 degrees Fahrenheit so we took advantage of the fireplace and the daytime temps warmed up to about 50 degrees - perfect for some brisk cycling and hiking excursions.  The only downside was that we couldn't visit the part of the park with the giant sequoias because the road was closed due to snow.  We stayed near a mountain town aptly named Kernville - it's pretty much a one bar, one grocery store kind of town with a few antique shops sprinkled in for local flavor.  The microbrewery and restaurant called (as you may have guessed) The Kernville Brewing Company has great beer and is a fun place to check out the local scene. 

I'll be posting images for a few days.  I took 3 cameras with me but the film images will take some time b/c I'm still waiting to purchase my film scanner. 






No comments: