Monday, January 23, 2012

Breakfast of Champions






Given the new year, I've been trying to stock up on healthier options for breakfast.  I've gotten bored of the usual muesli cereal that I buy and I think I tend to eat too much of it.  Same goes for bagels and I've cut that down to a once-a-week indulgence.  So I recently came across a few gluten-free options that are tasty, filling and can be found in the cereal aisle of most grocery stores.  The images above are of cooked buckwheat that I like to dress up with some kind of chopped nuts, ground flax seeds, fresh fruit and a dash of maple syrup or honey.  Bob's Red Mill also sells a plethora of hot cereals and another one I've tried is the gluten-free "Mighty Tasty Hot Cereal."

Anyway, if you're looking for other options on a cold winter day, give the buckwheat or other hot cereal variation a try.  Nice change of pace from oatmeal too.

No comments: