Tuesday, May 13, 2008

How to Please a Crowd




My favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe is not a secret. It hasn't been handed down by generations in the Serdans family, nor does it include any quirky instructions or a pinch of this and dash of that. The only specification I would include is getting a higher quality chocolate b/c it makes for better "sampling." Sometimes I'll be festive and throw in some cranberries or walnuts but they're just as good plain. I recently brought these cookies to my friend's housewarming BBQ party and they were gone in a matter of minutes! Anyway, you can find the recipe on the back of most chocolate chip bags.

1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 package chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls and bake for 8-10 minutes. My oven prefers 10 minutes, yielding a moist and chewy cookie. Enjoy!

No comments: