Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Raising the Bar


The other week I had a hankering for a good granola bar but all the one's in the shops taste really artificial so I decided to make my own recipe.  Feel free to use any combination of dried fruit.  I added blueberries and cranberries because that's what I happened to have in my cupboard.  Enjoy!


Healthier Granola Bars
  • 2 cups rolled oats
  • 1 cup sliced almonds
  • 1/2 cup wheat germ
  • 1/2 sunflower seeds, raw
  • 6 1/2 ounces dried fruit
  • 1 T. brown sugar
  • 1 t. vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter
  • dash of salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.  Spray 13 x 9 inch pan with cooking spray.  Mix dry ingredients in bowl.  Add wet ingredients and combine until mixed.  Spread into pan and bake about 20-25 minutes or until mixture is set and golden brown.  Let cool.  Cut into bars or break into chunks.

No comments: