Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Photo Remake

Every month a Seattle-based photographer and photo blogger named Lara Ferroni invites fans to participate in her "Photo Remake" Flickr challenge.  I've been checking out the site for a while, having participated in a few of the challenges.  This month's challenge invites participants to shoot our interpretation of a fruity, crumbly muffin that Lara shot.  It doesn't have to be exactly the same and she encourages folks to make it their own.  You just have to make sure you're showing the crumbly texture and the fruit inside.

I chose to shoot a glazed cranberry orange muffin.  I like the brightness and simplicity of Lara's shot but wanted to pair my muffin with some cooler tones so I used some robin's egg blue craft paper that I taped to a chair.  Since we're in the middle of "June gloom," I didn't have much light and the background turned out a lot darker which I actually really liked.

Anyway, here are the two shots for comparison.  If you're interested in Lara's photographer and/or her food  photography blog, check her out at:

http://www.laraferroni.com/category/still-life-with/

No comments: