Monday, January 26, 2009

Marukai Market


Those of you living in the LA area are probably familiar with Marukai Market, an emporium of Japanese food, household and beauty items. For those of you on the East Coast, particularly NYC, it's like Pearl River Mart. Most of my NYC friends know that I'm a big fan of Pearl River so when I found out about Marukai I was thrilled.

They have a bunch of locations around Gardena and Torrance. And when you're done with shopping at Marukai, stop by Shin Sen Gumi on Western Ave @ 185th. It's a great Japanese BBQ restaurant that I went to with my office's Foodie Club.

While I will be making many more trips to Marukai in the near future, I already have a few favorite products. I rediscovered my favorite tea, Ganmaicha extra green. It's perfect for those of you who like the flavor of well-toasted brown rice and popped rice - it adds a slightly nutty flavor. Aside from that, I picked up some Crunky chocolate - YES, that's the name. It's a better version of Nestle Crunch. Lastly, I picked up some tasty rice crackers as shown above.

No comments: