Thursday, February 7, 2008

My Latvia



In the autumn of 2006 I took my first trip to Latvia. My family is from Latvia - both of my parents were born there and some of family still resides there. And now that it's part of the European Union, it is slowly becoming a hip travel destination. Part of me wants Latvia remain "undiscovered" b/c it makes the destination that much more special. But alas, that would also mean denying millions of people the opportunity to satisfy their wanderlust with something extraordinary. :-)

So here are the first of many more images to come of "My Latvia." Latvia's capital, Riga, is divided into the Old and New Town. Old town Riga still graces its visitors with beautiful Art Nouveau architecture on streets like Alberts Iela and Elizabets Iela. I'll include more examples of the architecture and city in forthcoming posts. But for now, enjoy.

No comments: